Co-op commander Alarak what if...

Share music, news, television and other media, and showcase your creations.
Silphyre
Corporal

Race: Zerg
Battlenet ID: Private

Co-op commander Alarak what if...

Postby Silphyre » Wed May 01, 2019 12:55 am

*this is a copy of a forum post on the official forum, figured i'd put it here too*
I would still like a rework most of all. Alarak is always either ascendants or mech, and like some one posted earlier some of his level ups are virtually nonexistent, like lightning surge.

SO anyways, here's what I would want: (if it was actually ever going to happen)

1) An actual Tal'darim death fleet! Air units

(With destroyers AND Tal'darim variation carriers. To be clear, not carriers with intreceptors but my idea is something like this: carriers with a max of 4.. incursors? (they could be called anything really and be made from SUPPLICANTS! because why not?)
that don't swarm like regular intreceptors but kind of stay to the side instead of going back in. With much more health than intreceptors, they'd deal 31 - 40 damage each and suicide into enemy units on death or by command for double their regular damage, but with splash. leash range of 14 like normal carriers but incursors would have a fire range of 9.
Spoiler:
https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/2k/mijpw5rota2x.gif
("incursors" would look like a miniature of this without the base and some sort of propulsion at the back maybe.)
tal'darim carrier 1.PNG

("Incursors" Paired with a Tal'darim Carrier or Skylord Carrier)

One change i'd make to war prisms due to having air would be having them be able merge with havocs and become "havoc" prisms to keep detection with the air units. Lastly since destroyer void rays have the least range and are kind of weak, i'd fix them by giving them an upgrade that splits damage dealt to them between itself and its attackers making them more durable and giving them more damage.)

2) To switch Alarak with the Tal'darim mothership kind of how fenix swaps

(Alarak can still be on the portrait and speak. "empower me" and the rapid fire doom laser can share a shorter cool down and the old deathfleet calldown can call either 8 temporaryTal'darim voidrays or 4 wrathwalkers and blood hunters)

3) Rip fields

For these, i'd like to maybe add a little something in that would help lesser units and also the destroyer rays, and that would be increasing the rate of rip field damage on an enemy for each hit it's taken from a tal'darim unit. What this means is that supplicants would suddenly become half decent and destroyers... would destroy!
(In the WOL campaign you fight against the tal'darim while they use this against you, but now that we can play the tal'darim we can't use them? I'd like them as a usable ability by war prisms or carriers)

4) Tal'darim immortals

A shot gun type melee attack would be nice for up close combat with these guys, even better if it was a little faster than normal.

(oh and fun fact, any post you make criticizing or suggesting change on anything starcraft in the official forums will be disliked but you will almost always get likes when you say something is good already, I take it as them being unable to take criticism *shrugs*)

Silphyre
Corporal

Re: Co-op commander Alarak what if...

Postby Silphyre » Wed May 01, 2019 1:16 am

tal'darim carrier 3.PNG

More generic pics..

Silphyre
Corporal

Postby Silphyre » Wed May 01, 2019 1:17 am

tal'darim carrier 4.PNG

Silphyre
Corporal

Postby Silphyre » Wed May 01, 2019 1:24 am

oh and it's not super important but if you would be so kind as to up-vote my post on the official forums I would appreciate it, I dislike having dislikes :(
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/top ... 3#post-260

Return to Workshop & Media