Who will be president in 3 years?

Share music, news, television and other media, and showcase your creations.
Gilad
Lieutenant

Battlenet ID: Gilad 166

Re: Who will be president in 3 years?

Postby Gilad » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:46 am

In order:
Reagan, H. W. Bush, W. Bush, Nixon, Clinton, Ford, Johnson, Obama, Carter.

Explanations:

Reagan:
Was the best thing this country has seen in the past ~60ish years. He was a phenomenal president, completely turned the country around even though he did have some vices (Education spending cuts being the biggest).

H.W. Bush:
Should have stopped Clinton from ever being president, however he did manage to fuck himself over by saying something as dumb as No New Taxes. Overall, solid President, followed in Reagan's footsteps well.

W. Bush:
Will probably get a lot of hate for this, but in all honesty he was not a shitty president. 9/11 hitting shortly after office was terrible and can be attributed to Clinton's fault for not preventing rather than Bush's. Housing bubble crash near the end of his term was bad, he did some decent handling of it but was too late into his term really to do too much about it. Overall did wonders for the economy within his powers (Housing bubble crash, much like the stock market crash of the 1930s was the fault of the people, not the government). Tax cuts are always great for the economy, war is always great for the economy especially the American economy. I think overall he handled the 9/11 attacks very well. War in the middle east isn't exactly great for any nation, but something had to be done and I think he handled it well. Adding on here - 2001 recession was something out of his control as well...Again, people caused the .com crash, not the presidents.

Nixon:
Memory is faulting me right now on this, but overall the highlights I remember: Great Diplomacy, Vietnam War started to improve for our front, I think economy improved a little bit as well? Paranoia got the best of him w/ Watergate, but meh, did fine otherwise.

Clinton:
Like I stated earlier - Calvin Coolidge 2.0... Rode the good economy times, end of the good economic prosperity started waning near the end. Impeachment, yada yada... Was a great manager of the country, just wasn't really an outstanding president. I like him as a person, as a president not so much. Mainly due to being proclaimed way better than he actually was.

Ford:
2 1/2ish years in office... Basically a senatorial president. Things went south overall during his presidency. Also happened to get caught on camera at the worst times (He got caught tripping a lot on camera). Not much to say here.

Johnson:
Vietnam was going terrible, continued Kennedy's overall bad policies. Economy went in the toilet... Sorry, it's late and I'm tired. I know this is way more than what you wanted but these last few will be considerably shorter.

Obama:
Under different circumstances, would have probably been a decent president. Honestly think he'd have made a great managerial president. If this was during a good economic time for the nation, I think he would be remembered as one of the top 25%. Great ideas, terrible implementation giving the times. Situationally they are bad, during a different time they would be great.

Carter: Shittiest president ever elected. Great diplomat, would have made again a good managerial president. Terrible Terrible president for the time he was elected. Honestly would have done mediocre - well if again, different circumstances around his presidency. Reason for him and Obama being listed so poorly is strictly because they did not adapt and take control of their situations well.
Tyrant of the forums, ruler of the mods.
Feel free to PM me about anything, I will respond.

blitz
Sergeant

Articles: 1
Battlenet ID: Private

Postby blitz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:58 am

I personally liked both Roosevelts.

Though I personally think that I would hate their guts if I ever met them for being pompous arrogant jerks.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn, to Gilad Pellaeon

Chickenman
Off Topic Manager

Race: Random
Battlenet ID: 891

Postby Chickenman » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 am

Theodore was OK.

Franklin was an ass for abusing his power to drag us into WWII.
Steak wrote:whats so bad about macs?
Nubbins wrote:I would rather be gay than have a mac because if i had a mac i would be gay AND have a bad computer
Jasiwel wrote:It's better to not have a computer than to have a Mac. For real.

Yiffeh wrote:Chickenman. That guy is like so amazing.
Ixidor wrote:Chickenman 4 mod

Jasiwel
Lieutenant

Race: Protoss
Battlenet ID: Jasiwel - 444

Postby Jasiwel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 am

It's obviously Chickenman. AIDSWAMTS 2016!
zFatal wrote:Viktor counters himself.

GodKingFonzy
Ninja

Race: Terran
Battlenet ID: KingGodFonzy-598

Postby GodKingFonzy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Why Reagan is over rated and can suck it(ya'll watch to much FOX and not enough HistoryINT)

Reagan cut taxes for the Rich from 70 to 28% for the rich.
Increased taxes on the Middle Class
And raised taxes on the middle and poor 10-11 times.

Tripling the National Debt
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Iran Contra controversy.
Short version. Gave guns and money to Iran at Iranian terrorists behest. Much of the money that was received from the trade went to fund the Nicaragua Contra rebels who were in a war with the Sandinista government of Nicaragua. Full win right there.

Reagan funded AL-queda
Ronald Reagan spent billions of dollars funding the Islamist Freedom Fighters(what we are now calling terrorists since they are fighting us and not communism) in Afghanistan. With billions of American dollars, weapons and training coming their way, the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden took everything they were given and gave it back to the United States over a decade later in the worst possible way imaginable.

Unemployment issues -
Hit 11%

Ignoring AIDS
Literally. A mind boggling amount of people were falling to this virus. There was a full fledged epidemic that was completely ignored by the White house and crew for 7 years. Granted at the time it was called GRID, which stands for "Gay Related Immune Deficiency. ANd well Reagan and the white house couldnt be bothered to give many fucks about that.

Reagan raided the Social Security Trust fund-
Listening to Alan Greenspan and other advisors, Ronald Reagan raided the Social Security Trust Fund and replaced it with glorified IOU's. Ronald Reagan raised the Social Security tax rate which did add to the revenue, but because there is a cap on Social Security, currently no income over $113,700 is taxed for Social Security, the wealthy didn't feel the tax increase and the pain was pushed to the middle and lower classes.

Reagan vetoed a comprehensive anti-Apartheid act.
Which placed sanctions on South Africa and cut off all American trade with the country. Reagan’s veto was overridden by the Republican-controlled Senate. Reagan responded by saying “I deeply regret that Congress has seen fit to override my veto,” saying that the law “will not solve the serious problems that plague that country.”

Not to mention many of the financial issues we have today stem from his destructive policies in both the government and privet sector. Quite frankly you could easily blame the FannieMay crisis on Regans policys and not be to far off the truth. He certainly comprised some of the dots in that scheme and are easily connected.

People want to give him credit for beating the USSR. Despite the fact it was a war which had been going on for decades. His running our country into the ground in order to bankrupt the Soviets in those stupid "Starwars" spending wars. At best you could credit him with speeding up the USSR's demise by a few years at the cost of our economy. Also people like to link Reagen's propaganda speech at the Berlin Wall, with the walls fall. Of course that is a blatant display of sheer ignorance at the least. Sadly willful stupidity for most. Assuming of course most people can read calenders and books.

And I could go on. This shit was from memory mostly. I could do a paper on why Reagan was in the top 10 worst presidents. Kennedy was the last good president we had(And even he had some serious faults).

Carter was a good guy. But was too nice/passive to ever make any real changes and as a result had a stale and pointless presidency.

This list is filled with failures and traitors.
Johnson, Ford, Nixon, Reagan, Carter, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama

put me in the same category as Fus, but never EVER, put me in the same category as corwin

[Feed3X] Yiffeh
Commander

Battlenet ID: Feed
Clan: Feed3X

Postby Yiffeh » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Such Republicans
I love Gilad. He is the best. Gilad #1. Gilad for life. I LOVE GILAD SO EFFING MUCH!!!

^The above is pure and entire truth, and has been in no way been changed by the patented Lord Gilad Reeducation Centre.

All hail Lord and Master Gilad.

Chickenman
Off Topic Manager

Battlenet ID: 891

Postby Chickenman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 pm

wow much money
Steak wrote:whats so bad about macs?
Nubbins wrote:I would rather be gay than have a mac because if i had a mac i would be gay AND have a bad computer
Jasiwel wrote:It's better to not have a computer than to have a Mac. For real.

Yiffeh wrote:Chickenman. That guy is like so amazing.
Ixidor wrote:Chickenman 4 mod

blitz
Sergeant

Articles: 1
Battlenet ID: Private

Postby blitz » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:32 am

"Do you enjoy the security offered by the Galactic Empire?"

"Do you want a fair chance at crushing the Far Outsiders into the ground without watching trillions of people and hundreds of planets destroyed?"

"Do you want a leader who understands you better than you do, just by looking at those crayon scribbles you made on a sheet of white paper back when you were six years old?"

Vote Grand Admiral Thrawn 2016
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn, to Gilad Pellaeon

Gilad
Lieutenant

Battlenet ID: Gilad 166

Postby Gilad » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:06 am

GodKingFonzy wrote:Why Reagan is over rated and can suck it(ya'll watch to much FOX and not enough HistoryINT)

Reagan cut taxes for the Rich from 70 to 28% for the rich.
Increased taxes on the Middle Class
And raised taxes on the middle and poor 10-11 times.

Tripling the National Debt
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Iran Contra controversy.
Short version. Gave guns and money to Iran at Iranian terrorists behest. Much of the money that was received from the trade went to fund the Nicaragua Contra rebels who were in a war with the Sandinista government of Nicaragua. Full win right there.

Reagan funded AL-queda
Ronald Reagan spent billions of dollars funding the Islamist Freedom Fighters(what we are now calling terrorists since they are fighting us and not communism) in Afghanistan. With billions of American dollars, weapons and training coming their way, the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden took everything they were given and gave it back to the United States over a decade later in the worst possible way imaginable.

Unemployment issues -
Hit 11%

Ignoring AIDS
Literally. A mind boggling amount of people were falling to this virus. There was a full fledged epidemic that was completely ignored by the White house and crew for 7 years. Granted at the time it was called GRID, which stands for "Gay Related Immune Deficiency. ANd well Reagan and the white house couldnt be bothered to give many fucks about that.

Reagan raided the Social Security Trust fund-
Listening to Alan Greenspan and other advisors, Ronald Reagan raided the Social Security Trust Fund and replaced it with glorified IOU's. Ronald Reagan raised the Social Security tax rate which did add to the revenue, but because there is a cap on Social Security, currently no income over $113,700 is taxed for Social Security, the wealthy didn't feel the tax increase and the pain was pushed to the middle and lower classes.

Reagan vetoed a comprehensive anti-Apartheid act.
Which placed sanctions on South Africa and cut off all American trade with the country. Reagan’s veto was overridden by the Republican-controlled Senate. Reagan responded by saying “I deeply regret that Congress has seen fit to override my veto,” saying that the law “will not solve the serious problems that plague that country.”

Not to mention many of the financial issues we have today stem from his destructive policies in both the government and privet sector. Quite frankly you could easily blame the FannieMay crisis on Regans policys and not be to far off the truth. He certainly comprised some of the dots in that scheme and are easily connected.

People want to give him credit for beating the USSR. Despite the fact it was a war which had been going on for decades. His running our country into the ground in order to bankrupt the Soviets in those stupid "Starwars" spending wars. At best you could credit him with speeding up the USSR's demise by a few years at the cost of our economy. Also people like to link Reagen's propaganda speech at the Berlin Wall, with the walls fall. Of course that is a blatant display of sheer ignorance at the least. Sadly willful stupidity for most. Assuming of course most people can read calenders and books.

And I could go on. This shit was from memory mostly. I could do a paper on why Reagan was in the top 10 worst presidents. Kennedy was the last good president we had(And even he had some serious faults).

Carter was a good guy. But was too nice/passive to ever make any real changes and as a result had a stale and pointless presidency.

This list is filled with failures and traitors.
Johnson, Ford, Nixon, Reagan, Carter, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama

Oh god, I forgot how dumb people are about taxes that don't understand them. This isn't a belittlement at all, I just honestly forgot how much of a blanket statement people make for them w/o putting the context in it at all.

The income tax rate being lowered effected all classes of wealth. Yes, no more 70% income tax on the rich, but the rich weren't paying it anyways because corporate tax rate was so low they just invested everything into corporations as well as most americans who could afford it / were smart enough to do it. This made people pull money out of corporations and keep it to themselves which led to them spending more money which resulted in part of the reason of the huge economic boom of the mid-late 80s into the early - mid 90s. The facts and the middle and poor tax rates going up 10-11 time is a complete and total lie, most if not everyone's personal income tax % went down as a result of this change.

Tripling the national debt was to out spend the soviets which caused them to crash into financial ruin and it's what won the cold war. I wouldn't exactly call it a terrible thing to have happen. And by outspend I mean it was mainly increasing our arms to which the soviets tried to keep up and failed miserably.

Iran-Contra // Al queda funding was to again fuck the soviet union up. Reagan wanted to end the cold war which was an amazing thing for the U.S. Yes, the Al Queda thing came to bite us in the ass later, but to be fair Clinton had a pretty good idea that a big attack was going to come at us from Al Queda and we had the opportunity to kill Bin Laden before it happened... And then Clinton was caught cheating etc... Which , well, we know how that turned out. And yes, from an ethical standpoint it wasn't the greatest, but it was choosing the lesser of 2 evils which worked a lot better in the end for us.

Unemployment rose because people had faith in Reagan's policies so people started looking for jobs again that had given up during Carter's presidency. Glad you cared to leave out that we also hit amazing employment numbers under Reagan due to his policies.

Nancy Reagan iirc was actually the first AIDS activist during his presidency and was raising awareness during that presidency. Yeah, Reagan didn't address it. He was too busy turning out economy from shit to gold and ending the cold war. His wife was dealing with it instead. I could be wrong here, my memory is a bit faulty on this but I'm pretty sure this is accurate.

Yeah, the pain was put more on the people who it benefited. Reagan still made the more wealthy people pay more for SS which they literally had no need of // didn't really benefit from it at all. The people who relied / rely on SS are the ones who never saved during the lifetime due to poor finance management or inability to.

Reagan policies did the complete opposite of driving this country into the ground economically. That is a load of ignorance. To be quite frank about it, the recent economic failures had as much to do with the presidents / congress as the great depression did. It was people being dumb about spending more so than any presidential policy. Deregulation of banks that Regan implemented could have been attributed to it, but that's about it.

Kennedy wasn't even close to a remotely good president. He would have gone down in history as a big failure if it wasn't for his assassination and everyone putting on rose colored glasses because of that.

Carter and Obama are both nice guys imo. What they wanted to do during their presidency was just a terrible time to try to implement it. I mean, Carter is great post-presidency. Amazing diplomat. Would have honestly been a great president during the first bush - early clinton era. Probably would be a lot better off with other countries in the world if he was president then. Obama honestly would have been a great president during the Clinton years.

And please, don't you dare disrespect our presidents and call them traitors. Not a single one of them is a traitor to this country. They in all honesty try to do what they think is best for it. I understand you're "against the man" but that is so ignorant and disrespectful to say.

And calling Reagan a top 10 worst president is in all honesty a joke. You cannot look at his presidency and say he was one of the worst things to ever happen to this country. Like holy shit, we were in much worse financial times than today before Reagan came in. He gave us one of the best economic booms we've ever had, if not the greatest boom we've ever had.

And no, I'm not a republican. I'm an accountant who actually knows what the fuck tax laws and deregulation / regulations do to the business world. Yes, that tends to side me with republicans more than democrats because most of the time they understand tax law and how deregulation / regulations work, but I am by no means a republican. Nor am I a democrat. I honestly like a lot of democrat ideas, I just think they have no idea how to properly fund it. Case in point - Obamacare is a great idea. It's implementation is screwing over a lot of people it's trying to help. Health Care insurance increase to everyone is really fucking with the lower wealth classes. Guess who it doesn't hit as hard? The wealthier people who quite frankly don't want / need it since they get their stuff anyways.

Tl;Dr:
Study and train to understand laws and how they affect the economy before trying to say what is good / bad for it. Never disrespect a President by calling him a Traitor.
Tyrant of the forums, ruler of the mods.
Feel free to PM me about anything, I will respond.

Theroux
Colonel

Race: Protoss
Battlenet ID: 667

Postby Theroux » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Theroux wrote:Clearly Obama is not pro enough for a 3rd term.

I firmly discussed this with my Step-father and we both agree that McCain, Paul, and Romney are out of the question. He actually wanted McCain to be president because he believed Palin was a good politician. Although at the same time he predicted Obama would be president back when he was a senator.

Then there was Cain, Gingrich...and didn't Donald Trump try and run?
meme

Previous

Return to Workshop & Media