League of Legends

Discuss strategies, gameplay or news related to video games.
Faustenberger
Lieutenant

Race: Terran
Battlenet ID: Faustenberge - 897

Re: League of Legends

Postby Faustenberger » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Oh man, that series of UOL vs Gambit. I knew there was a reason I liked them.
♫ Give 'Em the Old Razzle Dazzle
Razzle Dazzle 'em

XanKortalHA
Captain

Articles: 2
Race: Zerg

Postby XanKortalHA » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:21 am

So I just had a weird experience... I just got out of a game where I somehow got more gold than the next top two players COMBINED.

And I only JUST bought Cassie... WHY IS SHE SO OP?!?
Attachments
Wow....png
I will NEVER stop plugging these guys:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ExtraCreditz

Faustenberger
Lieutenant

Postby Faustenberger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:52 pm

She's not OP. She just has incredibly high damage output. Also, you got a Mejai. That'll really help you kill suckers.

At the risk of being popular, I've decided my main ADC will be Varus. I've been having some pretty good success on him so far. And the Arclight skin is just gorgeous.
Razzle Dazzle 'em

XanKortalHA
Captain

Postby XanKortalHA » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:49 pm

When I say "OP", I don't actually MEAN overpowered. She has a lot of imbalance to her, which swings both ways - which is good. She's imbalanced positively in terms of her damage output and her C.C. potential, but she's imbalanced negatively by her EXTREME squishy, low mobility (relative to other casters), and high skill floor.

But then again, I'm also the freak who mains Thresh.

I'm still looking for an ADC to main. I have ashe simply so I HAVE an ADC, but even just playing her a half dozen time, she's kinda bleh.

WAS looking at varus, but I dunno about his abilities, personally. I've been looking at Graves or Tristana, personally (more variety of builds)

Faustenberger
Lieutenant

Postby Faustenberger » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:33 am

Well, popular opinion on Varus is that he's pretty bleh. Anything he does, another ADC does better. I like him, though, and he seems to be the only one I can really use with any reliable degree of success, besides maybe Sivir and Ashe. I used to be an okay Vayne, but those days are long passed.

Bottom line for me, he's the ADC I have the most fun with.
Razzle Dazzle 'em

Zenthon
General

Battlenet ID: 168

Postby Zenthon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:04 am

XanKortalHA wrote:I'm still looking for an ADC to main. I have ashe simply so I HAVE an ADC, but even just playing her a half dozen time, she's kinda bleh.

WAS looking at varus, but I dunno about his abilities, personally. I've been looking at Graves or Tristana, personally (more variety of builds)

Basic rules for picking an ADC to main:
-Don't pick Graves or Lucian because they're so overplayed (and it will likely stay that way for a looooooong time at this rate) and thus predictable
-Don't pick Quinn and Urgot; they aren't actually ADCs

So from what I'm hearing, I'd pick up Trist for free from liking LoL on Facebook (or if you don't have that she's super cheap anyway).
Chickenman wrote:
Zenthon wrote:wat is this thread
wat is life

Those two are synonymous.

XanKortalHA
Captain

Postby XanKortalHA » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:01 am

... Didn't know there WERE free champs other than the rotations... And that makes five for mains (in order of enjoyability):
Support: Thresh
Mid: Cassiopeia
Top: ChoGath
Jgn: Skarner
ADC: Trist (Unsure enjoyability yet, need to toy around with her for a while and get used to being ADC, rather than full on support)

(I also pseudo main Azir, but he's really awkward to use. He functions more like a zone control support like Morgana than an straight AP caster WHICH HE SUPPOSEDLY IS)

Zenthon
General

Postby Zenthon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:47 am

My mains, also in order of enjoyment, are:
Mid: Xerath
Top: Rumble
Spoiler:
Xuldin wrote:
Xemeron wrote:Seriously, pls mute this skin, at least for the enemy...
Its basicly pay to win, cause after like 5 minutes you DONT WANT TO RETURN TO LANE!
"Hyper Flamespitter!"; "Galactic Hyper Barrier!", "Explosive Face-Melter!".... Shut up, shut up SHUT UP!!!!!!
FIERY SPIRIT OF THE YORDLE INFERNO
Full Thread:
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/FVbL18Ha-holy-fack-super-galaxy-rumble-is-so-freaking-annoying
Support: Sona
Jungle: Rek'sai
ADC: Varus/Tristana/Ezreal (I rarely play ADC so it's situational)
Chickenman wrote:
wat is life

PLOTYNSTYNE
Sergeant

Race: Random
Battlenet ID: PLOTYNSTYNE - 661

Postby PLOTYNSTYNE » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:47 pm

XanKortalHA wrote:... Didn't know there WERE free champs other than the rotations...
Yeah, you can get promotional free champs via interacting with Riot on their social media. You can get Riot Girl Tristana from Facebook, Unchained Alistar from Youtube, and Dreadnaught Garen from Twitter. Or at least you could, I don't know if all of those are still available.

XanKortalHA wrote:(I also pseudo main Azir, but he's really awkward to use. He functions more like a zone control support like Morgana than an straight AP caster WHICH HE SUPPOSEDLY IS)
Well, I wouldn't call him a zone control support. He's heavily about zone control, make no mistake about that, but support he is not. I think he's one of the hardest champs to learn and use, but he is crazy strong once you can use him.
The community wrote:Thanks, Ck!
Most of the community wrote:Thanks...who?

XanKortalHA
Captain

Postby XanKortalHA » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:54 pm

I dunno. My plat 3 friend (who's been coaching me, primarily) says that azir is more considered support in his ranking than anything else. So when I started self learning Azir Support (since he mains Sona as his support), we were consistently winning duo queues about 60% of the time (support Azir+Jinx), and the losses usually came from just a breakdown in teamwork overall, or we weren't put in bot together.

Seems viable for us, but we might be the exception to the rule.

Zenthon
General

Postby Zenthon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:00 am

I hate to say it, but it's a 60% winrate because you're duo bot with a plat (hell, even just being a decent duo is a massive advantage; I win about 75% of games with my normal duo partner and almost never lose if we duo bot). It's that simple, really.
Chickenman wrote:
wat is life

XanKortalHA
Captain

Postby XanKortalHA » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:15 am

Maybe so, but I'm level 28, unranked, and playing plats :P

Plus, any time you queue in duo/trio/quad/penta queue, you get put against another one of the same number, so saying "being duo is a massive benefit" is moot since both teams get the same benefit.

But both those facts combine to 4 plats/golds and a guy with incomplete runes/masteries beating 5 plats/golds 60% of the time, while SUPPOSEDLY using one of our heros wrong.

Just saying... Azir seems pretty viable as a support from where I'm sitting.

blitz
Sergeant

Articles: 1
Battlenet ID: Private

Postby blitz » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:24 am

Fucking NA is such a letdown. TSM and C9 again? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Help me, Unicorns of Love, you're my only hope.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn, to Gilad Pellaeon

Zenthon
General

Postby Zenthon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:45 pm

C9's series was insane though; they're actually really fun to watch. And let's face it: TL or TIP would have been so much worse.

Although if Unicorns continue being absolute gods, I will be happy. Very happy,
Chickenman wrote:
wat is life

Faustenberger
Lieutenant

Postby Faustenberger » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Definitely had fun in the two games I was Shen support so far. Dive in repeatedly past level 2. Proceed to dive everything if your team has equal or more members. Build only tank, get the most kills in the game and deal third most damage to champs. Rek erryone.
Razzle Dazzle 'em

blitz
Sergeant

Postby blitz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:53 am

Another split, another disappointment. At least Chinese LPL was pretty exciting, with World Elite's rise, OMG's fall, PawN bailing the hospital to save his team...they could make a movie out of it.

In other news, Swain is a beautiful champion. Nothing like losing lane and then coming back to win teamfights with R+Zhonya's.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

Faustenberger
Lieutenant

Postby Faustenberger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 pm

It's a nice feeling as Yasuo when you manage to put your Wind Wall in a good enough place that you get a triple kill in spite of having in the neighborhood of 300-400 ping during a post-baron teamfight. That'll teach that nerd Vayne to be more fed than me.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... b=overview
Razzle Dazzle 'em

[Defy] Christoknight
Recruit

Clan: Defy

Postby Christoknight » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Oh shits there's a league thread. Whoever's plays add me Christokinght. Yea messed up on creating my acct I didn't know I mistyped my name rofl
R*3-29-11*A

[Feed3X] Yiffeh
Commander

Battlenet ID: Feed
Clan: Feed3X

Postby Yiffeh » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:38 am

Fun fact: I designed Bard. That would explain why it's so awful.
I love Gilad. He is the best. Gilad #1. Gilad for life. I LOVE GILAD SO EFFING MUCH!!!

^The above is pure and entire truth, and has been in no way been changed by the patented Lord Gilad Reeducation Centre.

All hail Lord and Master Gilad.

XanKortalHA
Captain

Postby XanKortalHA » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:43 am

I dunno. Bards... interesting. I wouldn't qualify him as "ass", but then he's super awkward to use in my experience, but looking at his platinum+ ranking stats, he's got a solid, respectable 48% win rate average (It oscillates from 40% to 56%, daily), better than Akali, who's literally been erratically moving around from 66% all the way down to 0% (yes, there was a day where NOBODY won any games with an Akali LITERALLY had no wins in the master rank)

And at least he's not on the list for "top 10 lowest winrates" list (even if he's probably in the lower half of the percentiles)

blitz
Sergeant

Postby blitz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:15 am

Bard is easily the most flexible support in the game, so flexible that he can support the enemy team just as well as he can support his own.

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11

Postby Ixidor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:49 pm

It was a little fun playing as Bard, but you can't help but feel like it's some sorta' Joke Hero, you literally wander around like a Leprechaun collecting lucky charms, I remember first time playing I was like "you gotta be kidding me". He reminds me of Oracle a little bit... somewhere deep inside there's some genius strategy that's yet to be unlocked, unfortunately we've yet to really figure out what that is >.>

The one thing I will say is that it's so stupid that the enemies can enter your own portals. At the very least they need to allow a way you can press 'E' again to deactivate entrance so you can choose who follows, and it'd add interesting timing to his play.

Zenthon
General

Postby Zenthon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:51 am

Bard has a lot of issues:
-Insane risk. He has no escapes aside from ult and his whole role of roaming puts him at heavy risk. New Ashe, Rek'Sai or even Kalista can actually roam safer than Bard, THE dedicated roamer, because Bard has NO VISION ABILITIES.
-His heals are utter crap. Really. It is the worst healing skill in the game by a significant margin. Those shrines need a higher max heal than Nid's to be effective, albeit maybe a nerf of some sort so you can't just run into three of them and get full-healed.
-Enemies going through your portals is dumb.
-Even when played perfectly, the only skill that does anything is his ult, and even that can be dodged. Portals are good for catching people off-guard.....sort of like every other wall jump in the game. The slow on meeps is good, but the damage is nonexistent. His Q is just terrible; even if you get the stun it's idiotically short. Like I said, shines are crap. Finally, portals are only good for engage, unlike every other wall-jump in the game.
Chickenman wrote:
wat is life

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11

Postby Ixidor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Yeah, agreed. I guess I'll try to take a little "good with the bad"

"The good"
His normal attack range is pretty good, he's not exactly soft either so he seems to be descent harassing their ADC early game. Q isn't the greatest, but it's not really awful, with practice it can definitely save a lot of 2-3 person ganks. The Shrines do have a pretty descent heal output, it's just kind of a janky system, creative though. One thing I do like is the speed boost, it's actually very good, I'd had quite a few times I self cast on my Carry so he can chase down for kill, or if a Jungle gank shows up to accellerate him back.

"The Bad"
You pretty much brought up everything else. The only other thing I'll add is that he seems to be more in his element in laning phase, but as soon as your team starts grouping up mid he just seems really weak in general, for instance if enemy team is grouped and pushing your front tower, you want Janna, Leona, Lux, pretty much any other hero.. hell I'd take friggin Zac support, at least he can make plays and mess up their team with his Ult. That's the biggest problem with Bard, it's not even like Blitz where you can say he's scary early game... he's pretty much subpar early game and with only a Stasis late game that leaves you like nowhere to go as game goes on. Who cares about Stasis when other Supp's have ults that can stun entire teams while doing damage.

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games