Anti Adept Hero Strategy?

Need help or advice? Ask any questions about the game and more experienced people will answer you. Improve yourself!
raidersrole
Recruit

Battlenet ID: Private

Anti Adept Hero Strategy?

Postby raidersrole » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:14 am

I'm wondering how one deals with the adept hero's ability that "copies itself". I saw what appeared to be a timed life bar and thought I should wait for it to wear off, but other player seemed to be able to cast the ability over and over again. I checked the tool tips later and couldn't make sense of how ones plays around it that way either.

[Defy] FishMob
Recruit

Race: Protoss
Clan: Defy

Re: Anti Adept Hero Strategy?

Postby FishMob » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:49 am

Adept's shade creates a copy of the hero with it's current health and energy and when the shade expires it retains those values (aka it can do that forever if you don't kill). That's pretty good since you never run out of energy if you use it correctly. On top of that, it's ult gives it and the entire surrounding team invincibility for however long. I think it should to be nerfed honestly.

Silphyre
Corporal

Race: Zerg

Postby Silphyre » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:04 am

Anti adept strategy? KILL IT WITH FIRE! unless you can't...
if it gets fed or is teamed up with others like this preserver adept team I saw once...
there is no strategy really, just catch and dps it down before it can do it again...
yep some one get the nerf bat~!

[Kill Streakers] ArtVandelay
Content Manager

Battlenet ID: ArtVandelay1681
Clan: Kill Streakers

Postby ArtVandelay » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:08 am

Yeah. A good player with adept is a total nightmare. I have seen fatinbox totally dominate with it

[Defy] mustardtiger

Battlenet ID: mustardtiger 1398
Clan: Defy

Postby mustardtiger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Adept is relatively soft. The best way to handle it is to attack with your skills/stuns as soon as it makes the shade, that way you have more time to kill it. Don't waste energy on it when the shade is about to expire, it will be full health again and your skills will be on cooldown.

Return to Ask a Pro