Wondering what went wrong in this full house game [replay]

Need help or advice? Ask any questions about the game and more experienced people will answer you. Improve yourself!
somen00b
Recruit

Battlenet ID: somen00b

Wondering what went wrong in this full house game [replay]

Postby somen00b » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Z v T on island it started off well for us (or at least for me), however things quickly became very hard.

How can I and my team mate ogamaga improve our game?

... yes this isn't the official version. I'm sure some replies will hate on that instead of giving useful information. However I hope someone who reads this can give us some advice since it hurts to be beaten so easily like this, especially when the early game seemed to go so well.

edit: My current theory is that some of my other teammates were feeding such that it become a no win situation after a while.
Attachments
Hero Attack Warcraft 3X vaira hero (new) what went wrong.SC2Replay
replay of the game
(421.83 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

[Defy] mustardtiger

Battlenet ID: mustardtiger 1398
Clan: Defy

Re: Wondering what went wrong in this full house game [repla

Postby mustardtiger » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Ok I watched it, and I'll tell you what I see from my perspective. I don't know much about your heroes so I won't have much to say about that.

- You started off fairly well, but there were lots of opportunities for you to pull those crits in the middle by the tower that would have given you more experience.
    - Every lane should have had a nydus canal, it's way faster for getting to and from lane so that you can get more xp and heal easier and cheaper. Everyone should buy one the first time they go back to base.
    - Item builds didn't look right on most heroes. I would say pretty much every Zerg hero should always carry Broodlings, there are very few exceptions to that. Razor Storm is also a good item to have to clear waves and provide dps later in the game. Organic Carapace and Vampirism aren't great items unless you're playing a tanky hero. Varia and Sonic didn't seem like they were designed to be tanky.
    - The other team had two cloak heroes but I hardly saw any Overseers on your team, that would have helped quite a bit.
    - Your team fell behind in levels starting in mid game, especially Sonic. I noticed sometimes you would be standing outside the xp range when waves were fighting. Make sure you're closer and really focus on leveling xp and gaining minerals in that mid game phase.

There were some other things like micro and situation awareness that weren't great at time, but I think if you focus on those five major points it would help.

somen00b
Recruit

Battlenet ID: somen00b

Postby somen00b » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:15 pm

mustardtiger wrote:Ok I watched it, and I'll tell you what I see from my perspective. I don't know much about your heroes so I won't have much to say about that.

- You started off fairly well, but there were lots of opportunities for you to pull those crits in the middle by the tower that would have given you more experience.
    - Every lane should have had a nydus canal, it's way faster for getting to and from lane so that you can get more xp and heal easier and cheaper. Everyone should buy one the first time they go back to base.
    - Item builds didn't look right on most heroes. I would say pretty much every Zerg hero should always carry Broodlings, there are very few exceptions to that. Razor Storm is also a good item to have to clear waves and provide dps later in the game. Organic Carapace and Vampirism aren't great items unless you're playing a tanky hero. Varia and Sonic didn't seem like they were designed to be tanky.
    - The other team had two cloak heroes but I hardly saw any Overseers on your team, that would have helped quite a bit.
    - Your team fell behind in levels starting in mid game, especially Sonic. I noticed sometimes you would be standing outside the xp range when waves were fighting. Make sure you're closer and really focus on leveling xp and gaining minerals in that mid game phase.

There were some other things like micro and situation awareness that weren't great at time, but I think if you focus on those five major points it would help.

Thanks, we'll keep those in mind

[Defy] Primo
Sergeant

Articles: 56
Race: Random
Battlenet ID: Primo 746
Clan: Defy

Postby Primo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:58 pm

mustardtiger wrote:Ok I watched it, and I'll tell you what I see from my perspective. I don't know much about your heroes so I won't have much to say about that.

What a nice guy ;)

[Kill Streakers] ArtVandelay
Content Manager

Battlenet ID: ArtVandelay1681
Clan: Kill Streakers

Postby ArtVandelay » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 am

vamp is pretty much bad in general I thought. We just had a discussion and it is only worthwhile on ultra...maybe (because of the splash).

Return to Ask a Pro