Advice vs Brutalisk & Devourer team

Need help or advice? Ask any questions about the game and more experienced people will answer you. Improve yourself!
somen00b
Recruit

Battlenet ID: somen00b

Advice vs Brutalisk & Devourer team

Postby somen00b » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:19 am

Mid-late game I was being stun-locked to death before I could even do anything. I have faith that there is a reason why it got this bad and/or a counter strategy so please enlighten me. Maybe they just got fed alot.
Attachments
Hero Attack Warcraft 3X how do you counter these.SC2Replay
replay of the game
(371.03 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

[Kill Streakers] ArtVandelay
Content Manager

Battlenet ID: ArtVandelay1681
Clan: Kill Streakers

Re: Advice vs Brutalisk & Devourer team

Postby ArtVandelay » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Can't watch the replay at work. What hero were you? Bruta beats down most units solo as is, you should not be facing it and a burst machine like Devourer by yourself. Bad teamwork?

somen00b
Recruit

Postby somen00b » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:10 pm

ArtVandelay wrote:Can't watch the replay at work. What hero were you? Bruta beats down most units solo as is, you should not be facing it and a burst machine like Devourer by yourself. Bad teamwork?

For me hero choice varies, but my partner ogamaga is normally a roach hero or thor hero. So your saying traveling in groups is a good counter strategy?

Also, if they do show up, which of the two should we aim at first?

[Kill Streakers] ArtVandelay
Content Manager

Battlenet ID: ArtVandelay1681
Clan: Kill Streakers

Postby ArtVandelay » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:29 pm

somen00b wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Can't watch the replay at work. What hero were you? Bruta beats down most units solo as is, you should not be facing it and a burst machine like Devourer by yourself. Bad teamwork?

For me hero choice varies, but my partner ogamaga is normally a roach hero or thor hero. So your saying traveling in groups is a good counter strategy?

Also, if they do show up, which of the two should we aim at first?

Well, yeah. Late game you should be traveling in groups for sure, tag teaming their heroes with teamwork. There are exceptions of course. Like with Viking I might farm some double waves, then zone drop to the other side when my teammates ping and help gank. With something like a nix (with nova), same thing. Wiping waves out with nova gets you a lot of minerals. It also depends on map vision. If they have no nyduses out there, and you have the towers, you can see potential ganks coming easily and not get double teamed. It is easier to go solo in that case.

Roach and Thor are pretty tanky and can withstand many double teams, but you generally want a support hero with you when you venture to their side to help stun their heroes since neither can chase well.

As far as who to target? I suggest targeting their stunner first, so they cannot stun you.

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11
Race: Random

Postby Ixidor » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 pm

@somen00b

We're not going to discuss hero balance and strategy on different 3x Mods where everything's been altered and changed. If you want to play the current version that the community has played over the years, we'd love to discuss strategy with you. Anything that isn't 6v6, using the current maps, with the current heroes, and current game patches is comparing apples to oranges and there's no reason to discuss it.

This is a Hero Attack forum though, if you want to create a Thread discussion for your maps go for it, but keep it there.

Thanks,
Ixi

[Gentlemen's City] Nubbins
Developer

Battlenet ID: Nubbins.218
Clan: Gentlemen's City

Postby Nubbins » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:32 pm

Thor is good against combos with brutalisk or lurker as long as it is adequately farmed. Stay behind the thor and be ready to bail it out when the enemy tries to kill it.

You should focus on the hero that hasn't casted it's big spells yet. After that I would prioritize brutalisk since devourer is more likely to escape. Although if you have good anti-air focus on devourer for sure.
Puru Puru Pururin~

somen00b
Recruit

Postby somen00b » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Thank you to those who gave useful information. I'll try your suggestions next time

Return to Ask a Pro