I read in a guide something about items that confused me

Need help or advice? Ask any questions about the game and more experienced people will answer you. Improve yourself!
somen00b
Recruit

Battlenet ID: somen00b

I read in a guide something about items that confused me

Postby somen00b » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:00 am

According to this guide,
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5203

"Organic Carapace
This and Regen Biosteel or Life Crystal, long time seen as crap items or just early game sustain"

I'm probably missing something in my tactics because I find those 3 items to be very useful for staying on the battlefield longer and thus keeping up in levels. I can understand the idea of terran drop poding out and then dropshipping back every time they want to heal without losing too much time, but what about the other races and the 75 (25 + 50) mineral cost of doing so for terran?

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11
Race: Random

Re: I read in a guide something about items that confused me

Postby Ixidor » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:05 am

It wasn't a guide, just one of my last posts comparing the differences from some of the life items. I find it a little hard to believe you actually read my post though, considering everything you just typed I'd agreed with and LITERALLY stated in full post... let's read the full thing, shall we:

Organic Carapace
This and Regen Biosteel or Life Crystal, long time seen as crap items (as in, in the past seen as crappy) or just early game sustain. However as the game goes on and you start to pile on stats you can be healing easily ~10 life per sec, comparing this to Hybrid and Nydus that only leech ~15 life per sec from Vamp in single-focused attacks, it's easy to see how this quickly becomes more worthwhile, especially when out of combat. However, in such a burst damagey game like Hero Attack, is this kind of item even worth it later on? mmm... yes & no. With Glaive being a viable creep clearer it can be very valuable for lane sustain when pushing with very little energy, I find if I'm having to take too many unnecessary trips back to base 'cause I'm lower on life I start to fall way behind in level. Do most heroes need this item for Zerg? Nope, there's far more useful items, but for the few that can make use out of it it can be really good.

You're either trolling me... otherwise, I don't understand your confusion, your question, or how you managed to overlook literally the entire point.

[Defy] Consilience
Lieutenant

Battlenet ID: Consilience
Clan: Defy

Postby Consilience » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:32 am

somen00b wrote:I'm probably missing something in my tactics because I find those 3 items to be very useful for staying on the battlefield longer

Have to agree with somen00b. Sorry ixi.
You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Ixidor
General

Postby Ixidor » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:15 am

bleh.. this forum sucks. Sometimes I wish we just started our own HA forum, or had a private group on kakao to talk about this shit.. unfortunately that opportunity never came up, so got 2 play the hand I was dealt. It's like the end of dumb and dumber, I just gotta keep making all the right decisions and it'll come eventually >.>

somen00b
Recruit

Battlenet ID: somen00b

Postby somen00b » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Ixidor wrote:It wasn't a guide, just one of my last posts comparing the differences from some of the life items. I find it a little hard to believe you actually read my post though, considering everything you just typed I'd agreed with and LITERALLY stated in full post... let's read the full thing, shall we:

Organic Carapace
This and Regen Biosteel or Life Crystal, long time seen as crap items (as in, in the past seen as crappy) or just early game sustain. However as the game goes on and you start to pile on stats you can be healing easily ~10 life per sec, comparing this to Hybrid and Nydus that only leech ~15 life per sec from Vamp in single-focused attacks, it's easy to see how this quickly becomes more worthwhile, especially when out of combat. However, in such a burst damagey game like Hero Attack, is this kind of item even worth it later on? mmm... yes & no. With Glaive being a viable creep clearer it can be very valuable for lane sustain when pushing with very little energy, I find if I'm having to take too many unnecessary trips back to base 'cause I'm lower on life I start to fall way behind in level. Do most heroes need this item for Zerg? Nope, there's far more useful items, but for the few that can make use out of it it can be really good.

You're either trolling me... otherwise, I don't understand your confusion, your question, or how you managed to overlook literally the entire point.

Ok, so I misunderstood you. I didn't interpret "long time seen as crap items" as "in the past they were but not the present". I read it as, "they were and still are bad items". There are many things about hero attack that I still don't know so I could have missed an important strategy for all I knew.

[Defy] John
Sergeant

Race: Protoss
Battlenet ID: John 1551
Clan: Defy

Postby John » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:16 am

Ixidor wrote:Sometimes I wish we just started our own HA forum, or had a private group on kakao to talk about this shit.. unfortunately that opportunity never came up, so got 2 play the hand I was dealt.

There's been a kakao chat for months which you had left. #hiatus
You win some, you lose some.

Dark Archon Guide

Ixidor
General

Postby Ixidor » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:36 pm

yeah sry I tend to joke about things that are sarcastic and ironic a lot, which now everyone equates to being a hipster... fuck you hipsters for ruining sarcasm!

I can't go back to Kakao, I fled to the Dagobah System for a reason. and now I'm working on ultimate plan of building up a clone army to fullfill my evil purpose. Soon nothing will stand in our wa-- whoops sry I'm getting ahead of myself, nothing.

Return to Ask a Pro