protips (not well know things)

Need help or advice? Ask any questions about the game and more experienced people will answer you. Improve yourself!
[Defy] Primo
Sergeant

Articles: 56
Race: Random
Battlenet ID: Primo 746
Clan: Defy

Re: protips (not well know things)

Postby Primo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Zealot charge damage can be used through soul channel and interceptor.

Broodling's shroudling skill can be used through broodling(shop item) and glaive wurm.

akuma
Developer

Articles: 1
Battlenet ID: 510

Postby akuma » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:42 pm

Primo wrote:Zealot charge damage can be used through soul channel and interceptor.

Broodling's shroudling skill can be used through broodling(shop item) and glaive wurm.

glaive will end it, tested this last night
broodlings item will not end it, no skill that does spell damage will end it

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11

Postby Ixidor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:08 pm

veritas wrote:Small critters can be farmed with 2 prisms if 1 is placed slightly further back then the other having all 3 critters get confused and attack none of them (it can also be done with zerg cannons but they cant be adjusted after the initial planting).

Dangit, you gave it away XD Yeah, it's a cute trick and and you have to have your lead prism facing the minion straight on and second a half space behind so they try to surround and end up circling eachother like so.
Attachments
Prism spacing.png

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:16 pm

neat trick

Therapist
Recruit

Battlenet ID: Private

Postby Therapist » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:23 pm

Primo wrote:Zealot charge damage can be used through soul channel and interceptor.

So, how exactly does the charge trick work? You would first cast charge then soul channel? or vice versa?

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11

Postby Ixidor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Aight, as for my top 3 cute tricks.

#3 Burrowed Defiler
--great ambush. Burrow outside a choke or something like that, unborrow Ult and catch a hero full damage with Stinger/broodlings.

#2 HT vision scan
--later on High Templars positive timescale Rift is best in teamfights but mid-game it's not quite as useful, therefore use it to give vision in an area--great uses are like highground when you're pushing on Desert or watchtowers on cliffs of Forest when you don't have obs.

#1 Juiced up Archon
Removed by admin

Therapist
Recruit

Postby Therapist » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:30 pm

You can buy items while dead, which is nice for the downtime. I always assumed you had to be near the shop and alive to buy and sell

Hotkeys for inventory!

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:22 pm

Therapist wrote:

So, how exactly does the charge trick work? You would first cast charge then soul channel? or vice versa?

correct, if you want i can explain how it works

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:25 pm

here's a new one that dark found a few days ago with pres (only works on air units)
you dweb the unit and cast q at the same time, by the time dweb wears off q's stun kicks in for a long lasting stun, good for carrier
if still not dead hit with stasis then repeat

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Ixidor wrote:Aight, as for my top 3 cute tricks.

#3 Burrowed Defiler
--great ambush. Burrow outside a choke or something like that, unborrow Ult and catch a hero full damage with Stinger/broodlings.

#2 HT vision scan
--later on High Templars positive timescale Rift is best in teamfights but mid-game it's not quite as useful, therefore use it to give vision in an area--great uses are like highground when you're pushing on Desert or watchtowers on cliffs of Forest when you don't have obs.

#1 Juiced up Archon
Removed by admin

there's a few more ability's that can do this

banshee - suppression drones, can be cast next to cliffs to gain vision of the area affected by the ability, ability is charge based so you can cast in the newly gained vision for even more vision

Corruptor - feederlings are air units and can see up cliffs

sentry - his q gains vision well traveling, this means you can combo off his q with no vision q>r>soul channel or q>q>r>soul channel>w>w>w>w>w>w>w>..you get the point

GodKingFonzy
Ninja

Race: Terran
Battlenet ID: KingGodFonzy-598

Postby GodKingFonzy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:48 pm

akuma wrote:banshee - suppression drones, can be cast next to cliffs to gain vision of the area affected by the ability, ability is charge based so you can cast in the newly gained vision for even more vision

NOW EVERYONE KNOWS
put me in the same category as Fus, but never EVER, put me in the same category as corwin

[Gentlemen's City] Germiahish
Captain

Race: Protoss
Battlenet ID: Germiahish
Clan: Gentlemen's City

Postby Germiahish » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:20 pm

GodKingFonzy wrote:
akuma wrote:banshee - suppression drones, can be cast next to cliffs to gain vision of the area affected by the ability, ability is charge based so you can cast in the newly gained vision for even more vision

NOW EVERYONE KNOWS

This is why I'm keeping all my tips secret ;)
Fus 3.0
Some wrote:This was definitely NOT Germ's fault
Germ actually did play well tbh
Germ's a solid player
Germ is better than me now

Most wrote: l2p
Germ is bad
Germ is Fus

Artrek wrote: BANNED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEZJnyzG4jc

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:15 pm

bump to keep this alive

Darkmatter
Recruit

Postby Darkmatter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Get physical! If your hero has speed or teleportation or is just able to get in the way try to obstruct enemy heroes that are retreating and get extra hits or a kill. This works well with say.. stalker or ultralisk if you can predict enemy pahting. zerglings are obviously great at surrounding and obstructing, but for single heroes you can also really get in their face and say, "you shall not pass!"

veritas
Sergeant

Postby veritas » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:42 am

Ok well this one is pretty useful for facing 2 heroes. If you use Thors ult on phx or viking while they are in the air then the taunt functions like a stun as they cant attack the Thor but also cant move away from the Thor they just hover their stupid for 10 seconds pondering the conundrum. so using this tactic thor can q ld taunt ld q effectively stunning one hero till they really should be dead. I am not 100% on how this affects viking but it def stuns the phx.

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:43 am

veritas wrote:Ok well this one is pretty useful for facing 2 heroes. If you use Thors ult on phx or viking while they are in the air then the taunt functions like a stun as they cant attack the Thor but also cant move away from the Thor they just hover their stupid for 10 seconds pondering the conundrum. so using this tactic thor can q ld taunt ld q effectively stunning one hero till they really should be dead. I am not 100% on how this affects viking but it def stuns the phx.

hmm sounds like this would work well with dev missiles

[Kill Streakers] ArtVandelay
Content Manager

Battlenet ID: ArtVandelay1681
Clan: Kill Streakers

Postby ArtVandelay » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:14 pm

I laned vs Archon as a Ghost last night and he was revealing me without observers. I don't really understand why:

kb.php?a=15

Forked Lightning should only hit visible targets IMO. And the Immolation should hurt ghost, but why reveal him? Shockwave should only damage visible as well IMO. Which is these skills was revealing Ghost?

Do all passive damage skills reveal ghost? Would glaive worms? It feels like most do not. I asked for this before, but it would be nice to have a list of all things that reveal cloaked units.

[Gentlemen's City] l)arkangel
Ninja

Battlenet ID: Darkangel

Postby l)arkangel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Only chained lightning reveals. Immolation puts a blue dot over nearby enemy units, but it does not reveal them.
Check out the Official HA3X Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeroAttack3X

Guides:
Predator
Preserver
I aint got nothin left in my will, cept throw it all in the casket its mine still

Content Manager

Postby ArtVandelay » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:02 pm

l)arkangel wrote:Only chained lightning reveals. Immolation puts a blue dot over nearby enemy units, but it does not reveal them.

Does this happen for other skills like it?

-WH haywire missiles
-WH bolt storm
-Ares hellfire
-Banshee cluster warheads
-Nix void spheres

what about push ones?

-WH blitz
-Thor stomp

Dark Zealot counter (if within 3 range)?
Spectre (I though it revealed but wiki does not say)?

I also had colossus revealing me without observers (I think it was the time pyramid causing it).

I guess my point is none of these skills say anything about revealing. I'd like the skills to be more clear if they do/don't. AOE's seem to be clear for the most part (EMP, plague, optic flare, corruption, ensnare, etc) along with those that keep revealed for a period of time.

I think I have a pretty good working knowledge of what does/doesn't, but obviously I didn't know Archon lightning could hit me. Why not be clear in the tooltips?

[Defy] Primo
Sergeant

Articles: 56
Battlenet ID: Primo 746
Clan: Defy

Postby Primo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Any splash damage can hurt you whether you are cloaked or not. If a raven casts seeker missle on the creep wave you are hiding in, you will take damage whether you are cloaked or not. A good vr or dz don't even need obs vs a cloaked unit. Any type of stun will momentarily reveal you. Ultra ram, sentry lighting etc. As ghost play cautious. Always carry sensor towers and play only within their revel range. The extra cost is worth not falling behind from being dead

Content Manager

Postby ArtVandelay » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Primo wrote:Any splash damage can hurt you whether you are cloaked or not. If a raven casts seeker missle on the creep wave you are hiding in, you will take damage whether you are cloaked or not. A good vr or dz don't even need obs vs a cloaked unit. Any type of stun will momentarily reveal you. Ultra ram, sentry lighting etc. As ghost play cautious. Always carry sensor towers and play only within their revel range. The extra cost is worth not falling behind from being dead

This isn't whether you take damage or not. I'm just talking what reveals or not. I play that way (with towers), but I did not know a level 1 Archon could reveal me (while I was trying to cloak deny him exp). I'm not complaining about skills revealing or not. I'm simply asking for clarification on what does/does not because I've played Ghost probably a hundred times and clearly I didn't know that skill revealed :)

[Gentlemen's City] Nubbins
Developer

Battlenet ID: Nubbins.218

Postby Nubbins » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Most aoe effects like psi storm/optic flare/ultra cleave affect cloaked units. Ones that apply a debuff generally also reveal for the duration.

Forked lightning is the only exception to be aware of. Although it's not really an aoe spell and only targets 4 units, cloaked units are valid targets. Cloaked units are NOT valid targets for haywire/bolt storm.
Puru Puru Pururin~

Content Manager

Postby ArtVandelay » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks Nubbins.

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:03 am

ArtVandelay wrote:
l)arkangel wrote:Only chained lightning reveals. Immolation puts a blue dot over nearby enemy units, but it does not reveal them.

Does this happen for other skills like it?

-WH haywire missiles
-WH bolt storm
-Ares hellfire
-Banshee cluster warheads
-Nix void spheres

what about push ones?

-WH blitz
-Thor stomp

Dark Zealot counter (if within 3 range)?
Spectre (I though it revealed but wiki does not say)?

I also had colossus revealing me without observers (I think it was the time pyramid causing it).

I guess my point is none of these skills say anything about revealing. I'd like the skills to be more clear if they do/don't. AOE's seem to be clear for the most part (EMP, plague, optic flare, corruption, ensnare, etc) along with those that keep revealed for a period of time.

I think I have a pretty good working knowledge of what does/doesn't, but obviously I didn't know Archon lightning could hit me. Why not be clear in the tooltips?

none of those ability's should reveal a cloaked unit, nubbins might have changed time pyramid to reveal but im not sure about that

archon forked lighting hits a aoe space and hit's the first 5 targets in the area including cloaked units, if the unit was cloaked it will be revealed

the tooltips for the most part are very clear on what the skill should do, but as many know bugs happen and cause things not to work properly sometimes

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a Pro