General IH rules and expectations

Discuss Hero Attack related topics that do not fit in the other forums here.
[Defy] mustardtiger

Battlenet ID: mustardtiger 1398
Clan: Defy

Re: General IH rules and expectations

Postby mustardtiger » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:26 pm

ArtVandelay wrote:Want to get the advice of the IH vets on here (I don't play them too often)...

Last night, we played an IH match with some vets, and a few Pubs new to IH (but very much vet pubs). We did the player draft, and my team won the game pretty easily. It wasn't a very long game (maybe 20 minutes, I had only gotten to 3-0 because I was critting). At any rate, someone complained we should not play carry heroes with pubs in the IH. I wasn't playing a carry hero, but certainly one of my main heroes. We were zerg and we did not have Lings or Muta on our team (which change the game a lot and can be really hard to deal with for pubs).

I think our team was Brood, Drone, Lurker, Queen, Viper, can't recall other one all of a sudden. Anyway, were we wrong to play main heroes? Nothing was stated up front. They had DT, DA, Colossus, Tempest, DZ, Dragoon. So it wasn't like they weren't playing B-list heroes.

I wasn't there, but if I had to venture a guess I would say the complaint was probably against someone who regularly carries IH.

[Defy] Consilience
Lieutenant

Race: Random
Battlenet ID: Consilience

Postby Consilience » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:56 am

mustardtiger wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Want to get the advice of the IH vets on here (I don't play them too often)...

Last night, we played an IH match with some vets, and a few Pubs new to IH (but very much vet pubs). We did the player draft, and my team won the game pretty easily. It wasn't a very long game (maybe 20 minutes, I had only gotten to 3-0 because I was critting). At any rate, someone complained we should not play carry heroes with pubs in the IH. I wasn't playing a carry hero, but certainly one of my main heroes. We were zerg and we did not have Lings or Muta on our team (which change the game a lot and can be really hard to deal with for pubs).

I think our team was Brood, Drone, Lurker, Queen, Viper, can't recall other one all of a sudden. Anyway, were we wrong to play main heroes? Nothing was stated up front. They had DT, DA, Colossus, Tempest, DZ, Dragoon. So it wasn't like they weren't playing B-list heroes.

I wasn't there, but if I had to venture a guess I would say the complaint was probably against someone who regularly carries IH.

Yeah, I assumed mustard wasn't there. No one complains when he plays mains.

In answer to Art's question, no one is wrong for playing main heroes. IH's are supposed to be competitive and if nothing is banned, everything is on the table. That being said, I personally find it annoying when top players play the same 3 heroes, even in scrubhouses. They are free to do so, but I have more fun when there's some lineup variety.
You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

[Kill Streakers] ArtVandelay
Content Manager

Battlenet ID: ArtVandelay1681
Clan: Kill Streakers

Postby ArtVandelay » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:32 am

I agree with you both, it is nicer not to have someone carry with their main.

I wonder if they were talking about OTL. He played Brood and was the first player on our team. Their first pick was Sig, can't remember what he chose though.

[Defy] mustardtiger

Postby mustardtiger » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:23 am

Consilience wrote:Yeah, I assumed mustard wasn't there. No one complains when he plays mains.

I was going to say same goes for your mains, but then I realized I've never seen you carry anyways.

[Defy] Consilience
Lieutenant

Race: Random
Battlenet ID: Consilience

Postby Consilience » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 am

mustardtiger wrote:
Consilience wrote:Yeah, I assumed mustard wasn't there. No one complains when he plays mains.

I was going to say same goes for your mains, but then I realized I've never seen you carry anyways.

Hey kid I thought you turn the other cheek to bm. Couldn't resist the zinger huh
You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

[Defy] mustardtiger

Postby mustardtiger » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:49 am

Consilience wrote:
mustardtiger wrote:

Hey kid I thought you turn the other cheek to bm. Couldn't resist the zinger huh

I had a moment of weakness.

[Defy] mustardtiger

Postby mustardtiger » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:21 am

As for expectations, a few came to mind tonight. These aren't rules, but there are two things I do myself and I expect other regular IH players to do as well. If you know a hero is broken or is overperforming, especially if it was recently changed, you should post about it or at the very least say something in kakao if you have the app. I also expect people not to abuse glitches and report them if they aren't known. There are some known abuses that haven't or can't been fixed, but most IH players know about them and the expectation is that they aren't abused.

Previous

Return to General Discussion