Develop new strategies and post guides.
[RektIH] aidsmaster
Contributor

Race: Random
Battlenet ID: Private
Clan: RektIH

Ping Responses

Postby aidsmaster » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:11 pm

I can not stress enough how important ping responses are. Ping responses are the next best thing besides ts. About 2 years ago I was trying to find a clan. I was incredibly noob at the time (about primo level), then I found WhoOPs. CaptPlanet told me the importance of ping response. If you know me, I am all about ping response. If you ping, and I don't see red dot from a nuke, I get my ass over there as fast as possible.

Ping responses has many meanings, such as we should gank, need help or to watch out. There are also meanings of pings, such as an indication to kill nydus, obs, warp prism, or grab the xelnoga tower.

Their are different port systems for each race.
Terran-Dropship
Protoss-Warp Prism/Powerfield
Zerg- Nydus

If your trying to save a teammate, for terran use dropship and throw down a defensive matrix or lockdown. For protoss, make sure 2 players on your team have powerfield. Throw down some stasis or plasma surge. For zerg, using a nydus for an escape is always the way to go.

When someone pings, you need to know your hero role. If your an HT, you should be in the back, casting spells, such as stasis, plasma surge, bubbles, storm feedback. If your a tanky hero such as archon, you need to first initiate the battle by going in first and taking all the damage.

Thanks to Athena and Power for ideas and insights.

[Kill Streakers] ArtVandelay
Content Manager

Battlenet ID: ArtVandelay1681
Clan: Kill Streakers

Re: Ping Responses

Postby ArtVandelay » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:53 pm

I wish there were types of pings (with different hotkeys used).

Yes you might ping for a gank, to warn of a nuke, to warn of back door. lots of things. Of course having a voice chat helps a lot there.

[Defy] Athena
Site Admin

Clan: Defy

Postby Athena » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Thanks for the post aids.

Art, reminds me of the hospital. Code red, code purple, code blue, etc.
Ignoring nonsense.

i, Athena.

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11

Postby Ixidor » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:04 pm

aidsmaster wrote:When someone pings, you need to know your hero role. If your an HT, you should be in the back, casting spells, such as stasis, plasma surge, bubbles, storm feedback. If your a tanky hero such as archon, you need to first initiate the battle by going in first and taking all the damage.

I realize I'm being a tad nit-picky and this is just terminology, but in terms of hero roles (the situation you're describing) it's actually the opposite.

So if you step back and think about it, whate does the term me for a hero to be an "Initiator"? Basically it's the go-to hero, or the hero that everyone's really pending on and looking at, before engaging in a fight, aka playmaker.

The HT in your scenario is actually the initiator, because everyone's waiting for him to drop pubble/stasis/dweb so they can go in.. in fact, majority of the battle rests on his bubbles. Other good Initators are heroes like Viking (cherry bomb), Lurker, DT, and Colo.

Archon's a 'descent' tank and fighter, but a critical mistake I'd see Archon players make is to try to go in first and initiate the fight themselves, it's really bad if your Archon gets focused and killed right away. The best way to play it imo is for Archon to be spamming Lightning from a distance to keep key heroes at bay, then when the bubbles and Stasis go down he leads just ahead of your team as a meat shield. If Archon charges in though first, a lot of times he gets group stunned and is nearly dead before Rift can even go down on top and teammates can jump in. Long story short, Archon's a good tank but it should NOT be the one initiating the battle, the Archon fights only when the playmakers on the team make the right play, the times when the DPS-Tanks are charging in when ppl aren't ready is when shit goes awol. This wasn't to lecture you btw AIDS, I just remember having a good talk with a friend about this several months ago so wanted to throw it out there >.>

[Defy] Consilience
Lieutenant

Battlenet ID: Consilience
Clan: Defy

Postby Consilience » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Race matchup and team fight composition is a huge factor in that discussion. PvP or PvT, I agree that HT casting stasis+bubble is a great initiator and archon can run in afterwards. In PvZ, I find that archon initiating tends to play out better with HT+DPS close behind. Maybe it's because HT near the front can be one-shotted by brood or pulled by lurk/viper and chain stunned. Don't want to risk not getting bubble off.
You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

[RektIH] aidsmaster
Contributor

Clan: RektIH

Postby aidsmaster » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:32 pm

I wrote this in 10 min so maybe my wording is confusing. But in my opinion, HT shouldn't be making the first move in teamfights. Everyone knows that you should target squishy heroes first, such as DT or HT. The tanky hero should be the one in front taking all the damage, while the ht supports with plasma surge, bubbles and stasis. If HT initiates first, it would get 1 shotted, which leads to HT feeding and not effectively using its skills.

[Kill Streakers] ArtVandelay
Content Manager

Battlenet ID: ArtVandelay1681
Clan: Kill Streakers

Postby ArtVandelay » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Another issue is ht wont be carrying power field. As DT i try to stalk a hero, ping and allow teammates to warp to me so i can chain stun and let them burst down.

Return to Strategies & Guides