LEGACY* OF THE VOID

Converse about anything here that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Theroux
Colonel

Race: Protoss
Battlenet ID: 667

LEGACY* OF THE VOID

Postby Theroux » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 am

General:

Bases start with 12 Workers instead of 6.
Mineral Patches have decreased Minerals.

Terran:

*New Unit: Herc. Low range Barracks unit. Can grapple on to enemies and absorb damage.
*New Unit: Cyclone. Long Range Factory unit. Locks onto enemies and fire volleys on the move.
*Banshees now have cloak automatically and can have their movement speed upgraded.
*Battlecruisers can teleport across the map at a high energy cost.
*Siege Tanks can be picked up by Medivacs in Siege Mode, finally allowing Sieged Tank Micro <3

Zerg:

*New Unit: Ravager. Roach Mutation, has a spell that deals AoE damage.
*Unit Returning: Lurker. Long Range unit that deals heavy splash damage while burrowed.
*Corruptors now have a spell which can damage ground units and structures. Damage increases over time similar to how Void Ray works.
*Infestors gain a spell which instantly increases nearby unit's damage for a short period of time. Neural Parasite removed.
*Swarm Hosts can now launch Locusts unburrowed and can be upgraded to send out flying Lotusts. Spawn downtime is increased.
*Nydus Worms are invulnerably while emerging and also can't be detected.

Protoss:

*New Unit: Disruptor. Robotics Bay unit that can turn invulnerable for a few seconds and unleash a powerful AoE spell.
*Immortals no longer have Hardened Shields, instead have active spell that absorb damage.
*Nexus can only attack Ground Units now. Supply increased to 14.
*Warp Prisms can now pick up units from a short distance. Units phasing in also take 200% damage.
*Oracle Envision and Revelation combined into spell that reveals hidden units and provides vision for short period of time. Can lay Stasis Ward traps that trap enemies in stasis when they come nearby.
*Tempests are faster, only attack ground units, and gain new spell called Disintegration, which deals large damage over time.
*Carrier Interceptors can now be launched to attack in a specific area. Interceptors last after Carrier dies. Build time decreased down to 90 seconds.

BTW Razagal's daughter will be in the new Campaign :D

Can you say HYPE?
Last edited by Theroux on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meme

Chickenman
Off Topic Manager

Race: Random
Battlenet ID: 891

Re: LEGEND OF THE VOID

Postby Chickenman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:30 am

The only hype I currently have has been reserved for ORAS.
Steak wrote:whats so bad about macs?
Nubbins wrote:I would rather be gay than have a mac because if i had a mac i would be gay AND have a bad computer
Jasiwel wrote:It's better to not have a computer than to have a Mac. For real.

Yiffeh wrote:Chickenman. That guy is like so amazing.
Ixidor wrote:Chickenman 4 mod

[Warriors of Æsir] Zodaris
Corporal

Battlenet ID: Zodaris
Clan: Warriors of Æsir

Postby Zodaris » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:48 am

Just watched the trailer and read about the new game modes and such. Pretty cool.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go fanboying like crazy
Cleverbot wrote:"It means that if you only talk to cats, and you are talking to me, then you must think that I am a cat."

GodKingFonzy
Ninja

Race: Terran
Battlenet ID: KingGodFonzy-598

Postby GodKingFonzy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:58 am

DAT BANSHEE BUFF
DAT NEW TERRAN MECH UNIT
DAT LIUFITING AND KEEPING SIEGE MODE
DAT NEW ANTI BANLING BIO UNIT
DAT BC WARP
DAT BANSHEE BUFF
DAT WARP PRISM BUFF(LOL DT/HT DROPS)
DAT CARRIER BUFF
put me in the same category as Fus, but never EVER, put me in the same category as corwin

[Warriors of Æsir] Zodaris
Corporal

Battlenet ID: Zodaris
Clan: Warriors of Æsir

Postby Zodaris » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:07 pm

GodKingFonzy wrote:DAT CARRIER BUFF

Carrier will rule the skies once again! Carrier will strike fear into the hearts of noobs as it had once done long ago in the days of Brood War!

Release the interceptors.

(fan made, not official)
Cleverbot wrote:"It means that if you only talk to cats, and you are talking to me, then you must think that I am a cat."

Theroux
Colonel

Re: LEGACY* OF THE VOID

Postby Theroux » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Carriers will actually be fun to use again. They've sucked since Brood War. Now they look interesting.

Also fixed the title lol. I fanboyed hard last night.
meme

Zenthon
General

Articles: 2
Race: Zerg
Battlenet ID: 168

Postby Zenthon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Sad that toss only got 1 unit, but the buffs they got were insane.

Btw that Nydus buff is getting axed. I mean good god, that's just broken.
Chickenman wrote:
Zenthon wrote:wat is this thread
wat is life

Those two are synonymous.

GodKingFonzy
Ninja

Postby GodKingFonzy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Zenthon wrote:Sad that toss only got 1 unit, but the buffs they got were insane.

I see it becoming a hive thing. Wouldnt be horribly OP come late game. But any time before that is LOL.

Also DAT BANSHEE BUFF
put me in the same category as Fus, but never EVER, put me in the same category as corwin

[Relaxing] Delta2401
Developer

Race: Zerg
Battlenet ID: Delta - 936
Clan: Relaxing

Postby Delta2401 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Zodaris wrote:
GodKingFonzy wrote:DAT CARRIER BUFF

Carrier will rule the skies once again! Carrier will strike fear into the hearts of noobs as it had once done long ago in the days of Brood War!

Release the interceptors.

(fan made, not official)

No more :)
"If at first you don't succeed, fail again. But better." - Some yet unknown, wise screenwriter.

veritas
Sergeant

Battlenet ID: Private

Postby veritas » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:49 am

Zenthon wrote:Sad that toss only got 1 unit, but the buffs they got were insane.

Idk if you saw the same multiplayer update for protoss as I did but protoss mostly got rather intense nerfs compared to the other races.

The buff to prism was nice going to be pretty hard for anybody but pros to really use it but it was nice.
Tempests got nerfed they cant hit air anymore and they are currently the anti air siege weapon overall they looked like they got nerfed pretty hard.
Immortal got nerfed active ability and its weaker then the passive they had before in most cases where immortals supposed to really shine and they can be sniped a lot easier if somebody doesn't notice and active the active.
Oracle got buffed but it got buffed to be a total troll with those mines I cant tell if they will be good or totally useless its going to be pretty hard to balance those things.
Pretty happy about carrier being buffed though though I did not see any game played with the carriers changes. Also its pretty unlikely to ever really see carriers in a game anyway.
less minerals per patch was a nerf to protoss
I have no clue how more workers at start will balance out except I guess the 6 pool just became a 12 pool XD.
cyclone looked game breaking vs protoss xD if you wanted to nerf the protoss cyclone was it that thing made the warhound looks perfectly balanced.
phasing units got nerfed lolz just listing all the nerfs to protoss makes a pretty long list.

As for the other 2 races the stuff they got is either going to be removed or nerfed to hell unkillable spawning nydus, cyclone, and to a lesser extent hercules seemed strong to just plain broken (cyclone vs protoss)

overall protoss def got the short end of the stick this patch.

GodKingFonzy
Ninja

Postby GodKingFonzy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Ya protoss is getting WAY nerfed. That WG nerf is freaking huge. As a terran that makes a big difference when shutting down zlot warpins.
The immo nerf is long over due, by like 4 years. But its still a nerf.

Tempest is better now I think. The buff helps in some ways. Oracle... its a buff. That stasis mine will be a bitch. The carrier buff is also 4 years over due.
Idk It seems like terran aand zerg are just getting buffs while protoss is getting buffed and nerfed. And while I think the deathball needs a heavy handed nerf protoss will need things to make up for it.

Cyclon is brokenly OP right now from what Ive seen. Herc seems so baller.
Nydus buff isnt all that OP either. Pull your ling and have them surround the nydus soon as its done have them attack it. Its still a nydus and will auto die. It just takes more than 2 now. Or will.

Cloak first on the banshee wont stay.

veritas
Sergeant

Battlenet ID: Private

Postby veritas » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Did you see the video with 3 corruptors killing a nexus before a cannon can kill one. Those cors did better damage then a tempest xD.
oh and I just remembered another nerf mothership core cant make nexus hit air now.

Anyway ya this is how I see the blance for the 3 races protoss: nerfed to weakest expect buffs. Zerg a few tweaks and the new units are probably perahps some buffs perhaps some nerfs. Terren op as hell expect massive nerfs or removal of some of the new units or at least a move to tier 3 or somthing to delay cyclones till protoss could get blink.

Theroux
Colonel

Postby Theroux » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:42 am

GodKingFonzy wrote:Ya protoss is getting WAY nerfed. That WG nerf is freaking huge. As a terran that makes a big difference when shutting down zlot warpins.
The immo nerf is long over due, by like 4 years. But its still a nerf.

Tempest is better now I think. The buff helps in some ways. Oracle... its a buff. That stasis mine will be a bitch. The carrier buff is also 4 years over due.
Idk It seems like terran aand zerg are just getting buffs while protoss is getting buffed and nerfed. And while I think the deathball needs a heavy handed nerf protoss will need things to make up for it.

Cyclon is brokenly OP right now from what Ive seen. Herc seems so baller.
Nydus buff isnt all that OP either. Pull your ling and have them surround the nydus soon as its done have them attack it. Its still a nydus and will auto die. It just takes more than 2 now. Or will.

Cloak first on the banshee wont stay.

I agree on the Banshee bit since they got a speed upgrade and Ghosts don't have auto cloak. Also agree on the Nydus bit.

Oracles should be more fun to use now, and Carriers got the buff they long needed. 120 Seconds is way too long, they buffed it to 90. Also they can deploy INTs to attack a target area, and can also keep attacking after death.

And yeah Cyclone will be nerfed since even Speedlings and Blink Stalkers could barely stop them. I don't really see a problem with Hercs though; terran needed a melee tank again with firebat gone.
meme

Return to Off Topic